South Hadley Club
Serving the communities of
South Hadley and Chicopee
And the Rest of the World
1946 Sponsoring Club: Holyoke Lions Club
Sponsor: Granby Lions Club
Club Officers 2006 - 2007
Meetings: First and Third Wednesday of every month at 6:30
PM at Adelfia's Restaurant, except July and August.
Club Contact: Omer Gingras at email@example.com
- Eyeglass Recycling:
- Edward Jones
Investments, Newton St.
- Peoples Bank, Newton St.
- Egg & I Restaurant, Main St.
- South Hadley Town Hall, Main St.
- Main Library, Bardwell St.
- Senior Center, Dayton St.
- Loomis Village, N. Main St.
- Village Eye Care (Center Eye Care - Dr.
Steve Markow- Hadley St.)
- Big Y World Class
Market, Rte. 33, South Hadley
- Columbus Day Sausage Grinder Stand: Columbus Day
our club prepares and sells sausage grinders on the Town Common.
- Irish Night: February 3, 2007. We hold a Dinner
Dance with raffle at the Knights of
1599 Memorial Drive, Fairview, MA
- Myron W. Ryder Memorial Fishing Derby: Third
Saturday in May at Leaping Wells
Reservoir, Granby Road,
sponsor and supervis a trout fishing derby for area children with
prizes, food and drink free of charge.
- 4th of July Consession Stand
- at Michael E. Smith Middle School, Mosier Street,
Hadley day/night of Town Fireworks,
we sell food and drinks, the profits which the Club donates back into
Town's fireworks' fund.
- Spaghetti Night - 1st
Tuesday of the Month from October through June at Adelfia’s Restaurant
506 Granby Road, South Hadley. Spaghetti
with salad, coffee and dessert in conjunction with another group's bake
- Air Show Concession Stand
- Weekend in Summer - Alternates between Westover ARB and Barnes
Municipal Airport. Our club staffs the
- Lions Club Golf Tournament
- June, our club sponsors and runs the Golf Tournament at Ledges
Golf Course, 18 Mulligan Drive, South Hadley. Includes a Dinner and Prizes.
- 50-50 Raffle - Throughout
the Year. $100.00 tickets with 1/2 the earnings distributed to winners
and balance to Lions Scholarship Fund (4 - $1000 and 5 - $500
scholarships awarded per year).
- Casino Trip - day trips
on weekend(s) to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. We
the bus, and you receive food/gambling voucher.
- Antique Appraisal -
October and November (dates TBD)
- at Adelfia’s Restaurant Banquet Hall, 506 Granby Road, South Hadley. Our club organizes, advertises, sells tickets and
customers and the appariser. You can have your antiques appraised by a
- Big E - our club helps
West Springfield Lions Club in their Food Building during the Big E,
Orthoptic Clinic Outstanding Donation
- 1986 - 1987
- 1987 - 1988
- 1988 - 1989
- 1989 - 1990
- 1991 - 1992
Lions Eye Research Fund Presidents Award
- District 33Y Lions Emergency Sight &
Hearing Treatment Foundation Certificate of Appreciation
- Outstanding Club Award, District 33Y
- Bulletin Contest - Large Clubs
- Massachusetts Lions Eye Research Fund,
$5,000 Club Award
- District Governor Contest
District Positions held by members of our club
Individual Member Awards
- David T. Daly
- Frank DeToma
- Kennth Ellis
- Raine Faivre
- Edward K. Holly
- William McManus
- District 33Y Club President of
Return to District 33Y
provided by Lion Omer Gringras III
Web Page created
by Lion Dennis Waller (Northampton Lions Club)